#anemia #anemic #irondeficiency #blackstrapmolasses #kale #spinach #lemon #raspberries #blackberries #blueberries #strawberries #ginger #carrot #beets #beetroot #banana #beetforanemia
I have struggled with anemia for decades. First, let me explain what anemia is. It is an iron deficiency that causes lack of oxygen to the blood. It makes you tired, eat ice alot, give you headaches, heart palpitations and much more.
I decided during this Daniel Fast to wake up every morning to prepare fruits and vegetables to make a smoothie to help treat it. Let’s get into the ingredients:
- Beets – Rich in Folic Acid-Iron Rich; Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin B6, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin A, Copper, Manganese. Raises the hemoglobin level.
- Carrot – Vitamin A (Beta-Carotene), Biotin, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6. Helps facilitate iron absorption.
- Spinach – Contains Calcium, Vitamin A, K, E, C, Niacin, Zinc and Iron, Vitamin B6, Magnesium, Thiamin, Potassium.
- Kale – Contains Vitamin C and Iron.
- Lemon – Contains Vitamin C which helps in absorption of iron.
- Ginger – Vitamin B6, Folate, Niacin, Riboflavin. Assists in Iron absorption.
- Blackberries – One of the richest fruits in Iron; Helps with brain function, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Manganese
- Blueberries – Contains Vitamin C & E; helps in aging process and fighting cancer
- Raspberries – Contains Vitamin C; Flavanoids & Phytochemicals
- Strawberries – Contains Vitamin C; Aids in absorption of Iron
- Banana – High in Potassium and Iron, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin C, Protein, Magnesium, Manganese
- Blackstrap Molasses – Excellent source of Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Copper, Phosphorous, Chromium, Cobalt, Sodium, B vitamins.
I hope this helps anyone that is battling anemia. If you know someone that needs help, share this blog and video.