#unforgiveness #bitterness #strongold #bondage #healing #jesuschrist #freedom #love #godislove #servegod #breakthechain
I’ve read so many testimonies of God speaking to people in dreams or in their spirit that more christians are going to hell than heaven because of unforgiveness. Sure,there are other sins that can take them to hell but this is at the top of the list.
Matthew 6:15 – But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
This subject has been a weak spot for me but when I let God come into the situation, He starts the healing. Let’s read what the scriptures say:
- Mark 11:25 – And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
- Ephesians 4:32 – And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
- Matthew 6:14-15 – For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
- 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Matthew 18:21-22 – Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”. Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
- James 5:16 – Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
- Luke 6:37 – Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
- Colossians 3:13 – bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.
I’m pretty sure a person or situation is coming to mind as you read this blog. There have been many situations in life that have caused deep hurt:
- Divorce – Adultery-Death of a relationship
- Sexual Abuse
- Evil speaking
- Physical/Spiritual Abuse
- Being taken advantaged of
In most of the situations, there is anger against God for what has happened. We don’t feel loved. We feel that the way people have mistreated us, God is treating us the same way.
How does God feel about you?
John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
He gave up HIS ONLY SON so that we could have eternal life with Him.
Yes!!! HE LOVES YOU!!!
How many people would be willing to give their child to whipping and ridicule for humanity? And humanity hates your child so much that they would nail Him to the cross!!
And despite what they did to Him, He said “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do”.
God doesn’t ordain anyone to be abused or hurt. He gives us “free will“. We have free will to live for God or not. And because He knows these things are going to happen because the Devil is running rampant in people’s lives, he has opened a gateway through His Son Jesus Christ for healing and restoration.
Joshua 24:15 – …choose this day whom you will serve..
Forgiving someone does not give permission to the person who hurt you to “get away with it”.
It breaks the “spiritual chain” that they have placed around your neck so that you can walk free and be free.
When you release that person to the Lord, there is an “exchange” in the spiritual realm. You are exchanging “your hurt for God’s forgiveness“.
The Lord may have you go to the person to settle the matter and lay down the hurt. For other situations where the person is not around or has passed away, you just release that person to the Lord and ask God to heal you.
Lets pray and release them right now!!!
Father God, we come before your throne. Forgive me for holding unforgiveness towards (the person’s name). I release this person (or them) to you right now in the name of Jesus Christ. Heal my hurt and pain. Break that spiritual chain that has surrounded me. Restore me and set me free. Give me your joy and peace that I can walk in the calling you have over my life and the lives of those you have called me to minister to.